Monday, January 25, 2010

One more thing now that I've gotten started...

So people ask… Kacee, why are you a vegetarian. Well, the answer is two fold. 1. Meat and I don’t get along in the digestive sense and 2. I don’t like chewing. So it was a natural conclusion that I would give it up. And now I have more room for cheese.

I won’t use this blog as a place to be mean to people or to be passive aggressive about my relationships or to complain about things that are sucky. I like my life, and lots of time things don’t go my way… but the old saying about how life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it is totally true. I don’t take a lot of time to feel sorry for myself… I’d rather laugh about it. AND lucky for all of you- you get to laugh along.

I will also try not to talk about my pets too often to avoid any cat person labels. I don’t have children, or a husband- which contrary to the belief of the people my mom runs into at Walmart… it’s ok. My mom actually told me that about five years ago (when I was just 26, mind you) a lady I know came up to her and asked if I was married. When my mom told her no, she was like “Oh… that’s too bad.”

Nice.

And for those of you who were wondering- yes, yesterday I really did get trapped inside the Arapahoe County library. The doors shut and wouldn’t open and who made this discovery and subsequently started panicking? Me. I jumped back in forth in front of it for about two minutes... then I had to rush back inside and get someone’s attention until I could be freed. Also there was a very nice Ethiopian gentleman laughing at me the entire time. THEN I did go to TJ Maxx looking for handweights and came home with a ThighMaster instead. So far so good.

2 comments:

  1. Gold star for Kacee! Love the blog so far. Can't wait to read more about your mishaps and adventures. I hope that this is your big break and you (me) become a famous author (editor).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could say differently, but i might have stood next to the Ethiopian gentleman.

    ReplyDelete