Thursday, February 25, 2010

My love for Bob Costas Explained

Why Bob Costas? I hear it all the time.

It’s true. My number one all time biggest crush has been Bob Costas for about 20 years. And as the Olympics come to a close I thought I would take the opportunity to explain why.

I remember being about 12 years old and sitting up late at night during the summer drinking Country Time Lemonade and sneaking my mom’s Slim Fast Bars (they don’t make them like they used to- and not that she needed them- she’s tiny) and watching Bob on the Olympics. I WAS MESMERIZED. The fact that we lived in the sticks and had no cable could attribute to this… as I had no other means of late night entertainment aside from Ron Reagan’s short lived talk show.
Anyway- people always say to me, Bob? Really? But… his hair? Just like Randy Travis said, “I ain’t in love with your hair.. and if it all fell out- I’d love you anyway”

I’ve compiled my love for Bob into a few short bullet points:
• He’s funny.
• He’s charismatic.
• He has a vast knowledge of sports.
• He has a vast knowledge of other stuff.
• He can talk to anyone. He was the original Ryan Secrest people!
And really I think that says it all. I will admit that once during a visit to St. Louis I thought I would try looking for his house… I don’t know if I found it or not. I will also admit to looking for Brad Pitt’s house in Springfield in 1996… “the Gwyneth years.”

So anyway- that’s it… but let’s be honest the head can’t explain what the heart wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment